BML Munjal University (BMU), founded in 2014 by the promoters of the Hero Group of Industries, is a fully residential and co-educational university spread over a sprawling, green campus in the suburbs of Delhi with state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities. Currently the University comprises four schools: School of Engineering & Technology, School of Management, School of Economics & Commerce, and School of Law, which offer undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. programs in various specializations of business administration, commerce, economics, law, mathematics, science, engineering, and technology. BMU is now in the process of setting up a School of Liberal Studies which is expected to be launched in early 2023.
BMU faculty includes several distinguished scholars and professionals trained at internationally renowned institutions. BMU is engaged in creating, preserving, and imparting knowledge and skills to a diverse community of students from across the world at an internationally competitive level. The vision is to nurture leaders who are ethical, innovative, knowledgeable and have the life skills needed to lead organizations to success in a harmonious way. BMU has a unique experiential-learning environment nurturing the spirit of inquiry, creativity, problem-solving, entrepreneurship and innovation; and promotes hands-on and cross-disciplinary learning. Pedagogy includes working on live projects and case studies, industry engagements, internships, research projects, community activities along with gaining exposure through international immersion programmes at universities of repute.
BMU invites applications for Regular faculty positions at Professor/Associate Professor (Reader or equivalent)/Assistant Professor (Lecturer or equivalent) levels in the following disciplines:
Engineering and Technology: Data Science; Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning; Cyber Security and Cryptography; Operating Systems/System Programming; Software Engineering; Design & Analysis of Algorithms; Data Structures and Algorithms; Theory of Computation/Compiler Design; Computer Networks; Database Management System; Mobile Application Development; Web Programming, Electronics & Communication; VLSI Design; IoT Architecture/Cloud Architecture, Digital/Analog Communication, Signal Processing, Power Electronics; Mechatronics & Automation; Robotics and other related areas.
Management: Accounting (preferably a CA), Finance, Fintech, Financial Analytics, Digital Marketing, Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Business applications of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Law: Intellectual Property law, Tax law, Corporate and Commercial law, Banking and Insurance, Trade and Investment laws, Information Technology law. Candidates with research interests in other areas are also encouraged to apply if they are open to teaching the specific areas mentioned above and core law subjects such as contracts, torts, and criminal law.
- Teaching a combination of undergraduate and graduate courses in disciplinary and cross-disciplinary areas
- Research leading to scholarly publications at internationally reputed journals.
- Student advising and mentoring, services to the university and social community.
- Consulting, innovation and entrepreneurship
Qualification & Experience:
- Ph.D., preferably with postdoctoral work at universities/industry/research institutes.
- Demonstrated scholarly academic and research achievements, along with effective pedagogic and communication skills
- Experience in industrial consultancy, executive education and skill development
- For the School of Law, candidates with master’s degrees and with demonstrated teaching and research potential are also encouraged to apply for entry level positions. Candidates with excellent master’s degrees and quality work experience shall also be considered for positions commensurate to their experience.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive and commensurate with education, qualifications and experience.
- On-campus accommodation, professional development allowance, start-up research grants, incentives for university services and health coverage
- IPR, Technology transfer and incubation support
Start Date: July 2022
Applications must include:
- Application form and/or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest indicating significant contributions in teaching & research
- At least two references with full contact and email information (References will not be contacted without applicant’s consent)
Submit your applications to: email@example.com
Why work with us?
Competitive compensation as those of institutes of excellence in India.
Benefits – Professional Development Allowance of one lakh per year, Research Initiation Grant, institute PhD fellows, etc.
State-of-the-art Library and Learning Centre; Ability to work 24X7 on select research labs.
BMU has Annual Appraisal and promotion policies in place. However, appraisals and promotions are performance-based. The performance is gauged in terms of teaching and research quality and service to the university.
BMU faculty is engaged in many collaborations with industries, academic institutions, and research centres within and outside India.