- School School of Engineering and Technology
- Department/Programme Mechanical
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Having around 12 years of experience (teaching and research). Current research interests include drag reduction in channel flows, fluid structure interactions, large eddy simulations and DNS.
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Computer Aided Engg. Graphics
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Graduation In: Mechanical Engineering
- Graduation From: Shaheed Bhagat Singh Tech. Campus, PTU, punjab
- Graduation Year: 2001
- Post Graduation In: Mechanical Engineering
- Post Graduation From: P.E.C, University of Technology, Chandigarh.
- Post Graduation Year: 2006
- Doctorate In: Fluid Mechanics (Applied Mechanics)
- Doctorate From: Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
- Doctorate Year: 2017
|From - To (Year)||Designation & Organization|
|2017 till date||Assistant Professor, B.M.L Munjal University, Gurgaon.|
|2015 to 2017||Assistant Professor, G.D. Goenka University, Sohna Road, Haryana.|
|2010 to 2015||Research Scholar and Teaching Assistant, I.I.T, Delhi|
|2006- 2010||Assistant Professor, L.P.U, punjab|
- Drag reduction in turbulent flows
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Large Eddy Simulations
- Direct Numerical Simulations
- Fluid Structure Interactions
- Sood, A.K., Cholemari, M.R. & Srinivasan, B., “Drag reduction by the introduction of shear-free surfaces in a turbulent channel flow”, Sādhanā, Springer (2017) 42: 433. doi:10.1007/s12046-017-0593-0.
- Ajay Kumar Sood, Murali R. Cholemari and Balaji Srinivasan, “Comparative study of using various RANS models for drag reduction in turbulent channel flows using shear-free surfaces”, 3rd Indian National Conference on Applied Mechanics (INCAM), MNNIT, Allahabad, 2017
- Ajay Kumar Sood, Murali R. Cholemari and Balaji Srinivasan, “Drag reduction by introduction of shear-free surfaces in a turbulent channel flow”, 24th National and 2nd International ISHMT - ASTFE Heat and Mass Transfer Conference (IHMTC 2017), December 2017
- Ajay Kumar Sood, Murali R. Cholemari and Balaji Srinivasan, “Study of effect of introduction of shear free surfaces of various sizes on drag reduction in a turbulent channel flow”, in proceedings of 2nd Indian National Conference on Applied Mechanics (INCAM), I.I.T, Delhi, 2015.
- GATE 2004 Qualified
- MHRD Scholarship from P.E.C, University of Technology, Chandigarh during 2004 – 2006
- MHRD Scholarship from I.I.T, Delhi during 2010– 2015